I’ve been busy all school year, and now it’s summer. I am so glad. I’m ready to revel in hours and hours of sewing, and I’ve been accomplishing a lot with all of my new time. A few things that have been moving forward, and that will be done by the end of summer:
- My water quilt. I should have had it done ages ago, but the past is the past, and I have a completion date to work towards now.
- The Francis quilts. This is technically my moms project, as many of you know from reading her blog, Wedding Dress Blue. Regardless, I have been piecing most of the tops, and need to get those done.
- I am going to get some small quilt tops done, and quilted. I have had several of them lying around for ages, and it’s time for them to move out of my room and explore the world.
A few things I want to work on, but may not finish, or will continue after summer:
- My “Kitty Cross-stitch”, as my mom calls it. It’s this sweet little paneled cross-stitch of cats, and I love it, but my heavens, is that thing HUGE. But I am going to work on it.
- My schools summer jazz band. I play the flute, and I want to participate in that.
- Ballet. My dance performance is in 3 weeks!!!!! I have three costumes just from my own classes, plus one with the little girls I teach. Exhausting! But fun, because ballet means as much to be as my quilting.
- Prep for heading into high-school. Gah!!!! It’s such a scary though!!!!!
- Swim at least three times a week. I am, by nature, a fish. I love swimming, getting wet, water….Yeah. All that.
Am I ready for all this????? I hope so. It’s going to be a bust happy summer, as usual. Full of sunburned cheek bones and laughter, water hair and friends. And jelly/ jam making with any luck!